Tuesday, April 12, 2011

West Sac and the Penis Truck

Last Saturday I had to journey to West Sacramento at 6:30 a.m. for work purposes (good thing I decided not to pursue a career in broadcasting because of the required early morning shifts. Really dodged that bullet didn’t I?). It turned out to be an interesting morning for more reasons than one. I am so glad that a little thing like sleep didn’t cause me to miss out.
The radio station folks were all very sweet and helpful, and they provided doughnuts and coffee. Plus, the interview included a witty and charming conversation with a very sexy musician who called in live from Germany (where it was NOT 7 in the morning). It also ended with me receiving an invitation to attend the Bockbierfest for free.
I rushed out of the station so I could head back to East Sac in time for the early morning Zumba class that I have always intended to get up in time for. As I was preparing to merge onto the freeway I noticed a site that woke me up completely for the first time that morning. The truck in front of me had what looked like a pair of silver testicles hanging right below the tow hitch on the rear bumper.  Upon closer inspection, while miraculously avoiding a collision, I clearly saw that it was exactly what I thought it was. Someone had intentionally hung the little decorative object under the tow hitch in order to make it look like the truck had the full array of the male organ displayed prominently on the bumper.
With no consideration for the rules of safe driving I frantically grabbed for my phone to get a picture of the penis truck before I had to exit. Alas, my efforts were not entirely successful. You can see the truck pretty well, but you can’t really see the. . .ah. . .goods.
Has anyone else ever seen this particular “attribute” on a truck? In West Valley perhaps?
I Googled it when I got home and it turns out that these little items are call “Truck Nuts.”
Needless to say, I have never seen any such thing in Downtown Sac, Midtown, or East Sac. In Utah we have a saying that goes “only in West Valley.” Well, I guess the saying around these parts is “only in West Sac.” Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment